feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Shimano PD-540 SPD MTB Pedal

Shimano PD-540 SPD MTB Pedal

great pedals

these are my third pair of shimano clipless pedals, and they are excellent; i bought their first ever clipless shimano's 16yrs ago, and they still work well on my old mtn bike. i bought these as an upgrade from some old pedals (I think 535's) that have been on my cross bike. i started to dislike the feel of the 535's, and couldn't adjust them to feel any better (too tight or too much wiggle; no great middle ground). but these 540s feel great... i click right in, the entry is positive and secure, and there isn't any of the annoying wiggle of the 535's. i might buy another pair for my mtn bike; especially because the cleat is different (rounded instead of pointed). niagara cycles (see above) sent them to california very quickly. i give 'em five stars, though i imagine that the xtr's are even better, but you can buy three sets of these for the price of one set of xtr's, so that evens it out for me.

Great Pedals

Used these pedals on a Trek XO1 that I built up for touring. On a five dya tour the pedals work fine. Easy to clip in and out, and no squeaks!

Mountain Bike Pedals

I currently had 520's on my Giant Mountain Bike, but they were old and worn. I decided to upgrade to the 540 style which they were slightly less in total weight of pedals. Shimano is a reputable brand in much of the cycling products and I would recommend these to anyone who is looking to upgrade to another type of pedal for their mountain bike.Shimano PD-M540 ATB SPD Pedal 9/16 w/SH-51 Cleat Silver

PD-M540

Ordered and received with no problems. Works great. (Only had this about a month, but it's better than what it replaced, and it's better than other SPD types I've used before - so far.)

Great pedal

I bought these for my new turner spot and took it out for the 1st time last night. The pedals work great. Nice positive click in, easy out, good degree of float. I was happy with the previous set of 515s (i think) but these definitely have an improved feeling. The cleats do have a different shape to them, the front is rounded where my older set was pointed and the instructions say to use the correct cleats, don't know what will happen if the older cleat is used but I'll have to make sure not to let others ride the bike (which btw - rocks!!!) 4 star rating because I've only ridden these once, plus it's just a pedal.



Keyword : mountain+bike



0 comments:

Post a Comment