feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Mongoose Montana Men's Mountain Bike

Mongoose Montana Men's Mountain Bike

needed a new derailer

I was not able to assemble the bike and ended up spending another $100 getting professional assembly. They pointed out that the problem I was having is that the derailer (sorry, I forget the French spelling) was bent and had to be replaced. So, that ended up costing even more. In the future, I will buy my bikes from bike shops instead of risking damage and uncertainty in shipping.

bad quality, not reliable

Ok, I must say that I am totally disappointed with this product. First of all, I had to reassembly front brakes, because they were not working properly. Then, I realized that spokes on the front and rear wheels must be adjusted as they were wobbly! Luckily, I knew how to do that, but took me about 1 hours to make it work and to true the wheels. Then, tried to ride it; guess what! the gears needed adjustment! I also did that, and thought that it is now OK. I use the bike to commute, 10 miles a day. I rode it like 70 miles (on the main road) and the left pedal is now broken! I am 165 lbs, and I am not riding aggressively.The pedals are really bad quality! I also had problems with the handlebars. Couple of times they became loose during the ride, and I had to stop and fix it. I am really lucky for that didn't cause an accident! Make yourself a favor, instead of buying this bike and paying 100-150 bucks to a bike shop for all the adjustments, pay more and get something better than this! I know that it's cheap, but it is not free! And cheap doesn't mean that exaggerated low quality product! I would definitely return it If I could! Edit: I think I have now problems with the fork: the slider moves back and forth, even though the stanchion is stationary (I am not talking about the normal up-down movement of the suspension!). I hope it will not fall apart when riding!

Very shoddy and poorly designed bike

I am scared to even ride this thing. The handlebars cannot be tightened enough so they keep twisting around. The front wheel is too close to the pedals, which makes turns difficult. The wheels were somewhat out of true right out of the box. Perhaps because of this, the brakes dont feel right. I havent ridden this enough to break the pedals yet, but reading the other reviews here, it is bound to happen soon. One more thing is the assembly. There are no instructions on how to assemble from "out of the box". The ones available are needlessly detailed and often skip basics - useful for a mechanic, not for the typical user. The whole thing seems designed in a very ad-hoc fashion: for example, every allen bolt is a different size. I'm going to count this as a loss and get my old secondhand bike fixed.

worst bike

Bike looks good, easy to assemble. But the parts (specially the padals) are made of poor quality weak plastic, which tear off within 2 weeks of biking(total 3-5 miles). The tire is also of poor quality. Would recommend spending some more money and buying a better one.

Can't say enough bad things about this bike.

I ride about 5 miles a day from home to school and back. Very flat, good weather, easy ride, and I'm not huge or anything. I figured a cheap bike like this would last a year, and then I'd upgrade. I've had it a month, and there have been a number of problems. In general, the parts are flimsy. The seat post clamp won't prop up the seat. The handlebars are loose because the bolt that holds them comes loose. The bike feels like it's off balance. Also, while making sharp turns, my toes scrape the front tire. Biggest problem - pedals made of really weak plastic that actually ripped. Drivetrain, shifters, and brakes OK so far, but I'm not expecting much. Do NOT buy this bike if you expect to ride it on a daily basis. Spend 2X or 3X more and get better quality components.



Keyword : mountain+bike



0 comments:

Post a Comment