feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Schwinn Adult Ergonomic Bicycle Saddle

Schwinn Adult Ergonomic Bicycle Saddle

Back in the saddle again!

Let's face it, bike seats do wear out over time. Even the most expensive saddles are going to break down over time, and even with a premium gel seat from five or six years ago, you're going to feel the pain in that "important area" when you take a drop with an XC bike or bump a curb with a street cruiser. If you look carefully at the photos of this Schwinn Adult Ergonomic Bicycle Saddle you'll see that it has a cut-out center relief zone in just the right area. From a personal perspective this rider found that the "love channel" section works like a champ, and after riding for a couple of hours I found that my backside wasn't sore and my crotch never felt like it was numb or falling asleep. Do keep in mind that any saddle, regardless of price, has to be adjusted to the individual rider, and it might take a day or two (or three) to do this. Carry your simple adjustment tools with you and you can do it while you're riding, and you'll find the investment of time will pay off in riding comfort. Also worthy of consideration is the well-made Planet Bike Men's A.R.S. Anatomic Relief Bicycle Saddle, a similar product with a slightly different though quite comfortable and sharp looking. It almost seems that a bike saddle of this price shouldn't be given any more than a 4-star rating, as there are some great gel seats out there that cost a lot more. On the other hand, once this saddle is adjusted properly, it's a 5-star ride, and that's what counts. It's well-made, and highly recommended.

Good Seat

The seat that my bike came with was the usual HARD and UNCOMFORTABLE for long rides. I purchased this seat based on reviews and the price. Good value for the price. Makes long rides much easier.

Not so ergonomic...

The best thing about this seat is its sleek and stylish appearance - I was liking it quite a lot until I actually sat on it. I know a lot of people have liked this seat - that's why I tried it - but for me and my bike which lacks any rear or seat suspension, this is a very uncomfortable seat. I'm a pretty large guy, and it could just be that it is a bit too narrow, but it felt hard, and caused pain in the sensitive area after just a couple miles for me. A couple reviewers said that the adjustment made a difference, so I tried several different adjustments - but to no avail. It just didn't work out for me.

comfortable

excellent choice, this seat is very comfortable for long rides, and you can ride the bike every day without any pain. excellent!

So much better!

The "stock" seat that came with my road bike was not very comfy. Put this guy on and it made a huge difference. Way, way better. For a baseline, I am a super-novice. My bicycling experience stopped with my driver's license 15 years ago. With a job relocation, I am about 10 miles from work and use it to commute a few times a week on a road bike. What used to be a relatively painful event for my behind is now pretty darn good. I can easily say this seat is perfect for my needs, and it doesn't even get hot in the sun like my old seat. It's a good fit and makes biking so much more enjoyable that I am now more inclined to ride than I was before this seat. BTW, I have not used biking shorts so I am interested to see how much softer everything will be once I go that route.



Keyword : bike



0 comments:

Post a Comment