feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Iron Horse Triumph 5.0 Adult Road Bike

Iron Horse Triumph 5.0 Adult Road Bike

Low Quality, Even For An Entry-Level Road Bike

This bike reeks of shoddy workmanship. Out of the box the handlebar tape was loose. Before riding it I had to replace the front tire because of a puncture in the tube, and damage to the valve and valve cap. Also, three small pieces, two on the handlebars and one on the stem fell off before I had a chance to ride it. The plastic pedal attachments have a very cheap feel, and after only three rides there is a problem with one of the actual pedals. The seat is extremely uncomfortable. When I went to get a replacement tire at a local bicycle shop, the owner who has been in business for 35 years told me that the quality of Iron Horse has gone down so much in recent years that he no longer services them, let alone sells them. I wish I had shopped around more.

Great bike!

I bought this bike and in the same week rode 150 miles in a charity ride. I loved the bike, and the price was fantastic.

Great Deal

This is a great deal for the money. Any other bike i found with carbon forks, and shimano tiagra components started around $750. great buy.

Wonderful!

Well, I've had the bike for about 3 days now and I've put over 75 miles on it already. I was kind of weary about buying a bike over the internet, but my fears have been allayed. It took about 30 minutes to get assembled (I have a lot of experience working on bikes), but it needed a bit of fine tuning (the derailleurs were not well adjusted and needed to be properly aligned). Overall, I am very impressed. My housemate paid more for his Schwinn Le Tour, but this Iron Horse is lighter and has better components. For me, price was the main concern in buying a bike, and I think that this one is well worth the money. It's not the lightest bike on the planet, but it's pretty fast and takes bumps very well. It handles beautifully, even up over 30 miles an hour. It's not without problems. The headset grinds a little, and there is some drag on the drivechain. The wheelset is a bit on the heavy side too. However, for under $600, you can't expect perfection and this bike is way better than most anything else in the price range. One of my biggest concerns was sizing buying a bike I had never ridden or even seen was sizing. To be clear, I bought the 58cm frame and it fits me very well. I am about 5'11"-6'0", and I have a 32" in-seam.

Great starter

Just getting back into some road cycling to rehab an ACL injury. This was an excellent bike for the money. Good component group for a starter and light weight. Welds and paint job look good. Dropped the bike at local bike shop to check over assembly and they were surprised with the low price. An upgrade on the wheelset and you are ready for entry level racing or sprint triathlon.



Keyword : road+bike



0 comments:

Post a Comment