feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Blackburn Mountain Air Mountain Bike Pump

Blackburn Mountain Air Mountain Bike Pump

Just what I expected

Even though I haven't used the pump yet I can tell that it is very lightweight so I can carry it with me all the time. Quality of it also seems to be very good. Bottom line, good relation of quality and price.

Good value for a good little pump

I use this as my road bike pump so it's always used on presta valves. I can get it up to around 80 psi with minimal pumping, but it takes strong hands and arms. Technically, any hand pump will require a similar amount of force in the upper psi, so past a certain point it comes down to individual strength and skill (which it does require over 60 psi, read on). If I wanted higher psi, I'd carry co2 cartridges, but 80 psi will get me home without taxing my arms too much. I think I got a tire to 90 psi once after a flat, but the pump gets hard to use without leaking air over 60 psi so I just stop around 80. I can get it there in around 3 minutes of solid pumping. I do get concerned as it rocks the valve back and forth because of its shape; the rocking causes air to leak out and I'm always concerned I'll damage the valve. It takes patience and a steady hand to prevent this - knock on wood. The topeak road morph is one of the few pumps that would solve this problem, but it's twice the price and appears to be twice the size. I like it because I don't even notice it when I'm riding even though it's a bit bulky for a road bike and was designed for mountain biking.

Not for presta valves!

It broke my valve in the second attempt to use it. You're way better off with many other options, such as Topeak Road Morph.

Don't buy this piece of junk.

The holder will not keep the pump stable on your bike. The pump handle locks into the holder, and a velcro strap is supposed to keep the rest of the pump stable. On rough road, though, the pump will slide down from the handle and dangle off the bike. I have mine secured with duct tape now. Not pretty, and not useful for anyone who plans to use it regularly (Luckily, I have a floor pump to use at home).

Gets the job done

The mount attached easily in-between my frame and my water bottle holder. The pump works great. I had no problem pumping it, but I am a 6 foot tall guy. I guess if you weren't very strong it could be difficult to reach higher psi's. If that's the case, you might want a bigger pump, or the help of a friend. I can't believe people downgrade this pump based on difficulty. What would you expect from a 10 inch pump?



Keyword : mountain+bike



0 comments:

Post a Comment