feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Giro Skyla Sport Bike Helmet

Giro Skyla Sport Bike Helmet

Giro Skyla Sport Helmet -- Met all my requirements

I bought this helment for a silly reason. I recently purchased a brand new expensive bicycle. I decided I wanted helmet that matched the bicycle colors which are teal and dark grey (no red). This is the only helmet I could find anywhere that was teal! I figured I would buy the helmet because of the color and hope the rest worked out. I was very excited about the price and that Amazon shipped it free. When the helmet was delivered, I was really excited to see that it was the EXACT color of the bicycle. Well, now that I had the right color, I figured I better find out how it fit! The fit is fantastic. There is an easily adjustable band inside the helmet that you tighten or loosen until you feel you have a comfortable fit. The straps that come down over your ears and then clip under your chin is somewhat difficult to use. I had to shorten it quite a bit and it took some effort. This could possibly be a safety feature to make sure the helmet does not become loose. The helmet is very lightweight and I don't even feel like I have it on. It also keeps my head cool. I used last weekend which was incrediby hot and although my forehead was sweaty, my head wasn't. I also wore it today after I took a shower and washed my hair. I put a bandana scarf on my head because I didn't want my wet hair in direct contact with the inside of the helmet. I didn't have any problem doing this and my head still stayed cool. It was 90 with 80% humidity. The visor does keep the sun off my face somewhat, but I still wore sunglasses. As for quality or longevity, I don't know enough to comment on that. Well, even you don't need to buy this for the color, if you want a comfortable priced-right helmet I suggest this one.

Great entry helmet, but its small so check sizing carefully

Having owned many Giro helmets, and currently having a high end model, this is an excellent Giro for the price. The expensive models really give you huge vent openings, but this one is pretty good. The styling is excellent and the dial fit adjustment is comparable to the RocLoc system of the higher models. If you need a nice bike helmet at a good price, this is certainly a great choice. However, make sure you measure your head! This is listed as a universal fit Womens model, which is a total joke. I bought this for my 3 year old daughter, who has a head that measures more than mid-way in the fit range, and it fits her great. On the other hand, my wife who wears a medium Giro Monza, a not-uncommon size for many women, could never fit into this helmet and it almost looks like she's trying to fit a kids helmet on her head. Obviously this will fit many women, but don't read "universal sizing" and order without measuring your head. The Skyla fit range is 50 to 57 cm. In comparison, a medium Giro helmet is 55-59cm (Roc-loc limits) because it also has a larger shell. By the way, the Giro Flume children's specific model has the same fit range of the Skyla of 50-57cm, and the Giro Rodeo toddler helmet is 50-55 cm. When a Womens helmet has almost the same range as a toddler helmet, you know Giro is trying to limit the number of women who will fit into this helmet, forcing many to move up to the more expensive models that come in sizes; and there are some good reasons to buy the expensive models like fit, Roc-Loc system quick adjustability, and increased air flow. But if your head fits, its a great helmet at a good budget-friendly price.

Pretty flowers

I bought this helmet upon getting back into biking and, after fiddling with the settings, find that it's light, comfortable and responsible. My first choice would be no helmet but, since I want my brains inside my skill, I wear the one with the teal and red flowers. One thing-I don't have a huge head (hat size 7 1/8") and on the very largest setting the helmet makes a mark on my forehead on longer rides. If you have a larger head than that...look for another helmet.

great helmet

The Giro Skyla Bike Helmet is a light comfortable helmet. I have never worn a helmet before and was hesitant since I am not fond of wearing hats. This helmet truly fits the bill. I barely know that I am wearing it, yet it is sturdy and well-cushioned.

Great Fit

I purchased the purple version of this helmet. It's a very attractive color. As the other reviews have said, this helmet has a great fit. It is very lightweight, but feels sturdy enough to protect you in a fall. I think it is great price for the quality. It keeps your head cool enough, and prevents the sweat from getting into your eyes too. The front lip doesn't really block the sun, which I thought it might do. Only suggestion would be to make the straps a little more streamline and flat. Otherwise, very pleased with this purchase!



Keyword : road+bikes



0 comments:

Post a Comment