feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Hollywood Racks E3 Express 3-Bike Trunk Mount Rack

Hollywood Racks E3 Express 3-Bike Trunk Mount Rack

This rack served its purpose well.

This rack successfully made it 1,4000 miles over three days with one road bike on a 1997 Toyota Camry. It was stable and secure the whole way. I don't know if I would recommend it for heavy regular use, but for $50, it was a decent deal.

great bike rack

I really like this rack. It is easy to get bikes onto and holds them well. If you alternate the way they face there is no problem getting 3 on. We usually use it for only 2 on the back of my Hyundai Elantra. The car feels like there is nothing on it and the bikes do not really obstruct the view.

Be Careful - Will Scratch Your Car!

The bike rack worked fine once assembled, but I found it hard not to scratch the back of my car's trunk. When you're trying to adjust the angle of the rack or the straps, something would always inadvertenly bump or crash against my trunk. It's helpful if you have someone hold it in place while you're doing it. Also, I didn't have ties for the slack end of the straps so they were dangling wildly off the back of my car. I ended up using rubberbands to solve that one. Good car rack but I definitely will need to get my paint job fixed.

Ok for short distances - not good for long trips

I too did my homework as for reviews comparing this bicycle rack with others offered on Amazon. I chose this one partially because of the reviews plus it was available directly through Amazon and the price was reasonable. I found that this rack was extremely well made and easy to attach to my 1996 Honda Accord. I could also tell that it would be able to fit many cars because of the way it was designed. I also liked this one because of the fact it has two additional hold down straps which attach to the sides of the rear trunk. There is a weak link in this product though. It is the quality of the tightening fasteners on the hold down straps. I loaded up three 26" bikes on the rack, which was a bit of a challenge, but did work well once you get the hang of it. I re-tightened all the straps as instructed in the directions before driving off and felt confident I did a good job. My vacation trip was only 150 miles away and I just happened to stop after about 50 miles to check how the bikes were doing. I found that the straps had loosened up and the rack was not secure. I tightened the straps up again and rechecked in another 50 miles to find the same result. If I hadn't stopped from time to time to check, I wonder what the result would have been. So, because the rack is built so well and is easy enough to use, I gave it three stars rather than less because I feel this rack would work great for short trips. However for longer trips, I definitely would not recommend this rack. It's really a shame they didn't come up with a more efficient strap fastener. I am returning this rack today and will try another brand with a close eye on the type of strap fastener used. Advice to you....no matter what brand you purchase, for long trips be sure to double check how secure your rack is from time to time....Hope this helps.

Great Bike Rack

The bike rack came promptly and was everything I hoped it would be. The directions of exactly how to put it on aren't amazing, but it wasn't difficult and it held my bike securely for the entire ride. It's great!



Keyword : bikes



0 comments:

Post a Comment