feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

iBert Safe-T Front Mounted Child Bicycle Seat

iBert Safe-T Front Mounted Child Bicycle Seat

FRONT RIDING BIKE SEAT

HAVEN'T USED THIS YET, BUT IT WAS REALLY EASY TO INSTALL AND OUR SON SEEMS TO LIKE IT AS WE HAVE PUT HIM IN IT TO SEE HOW IT FITS, ETC.

Great Bike Seat

This bike seat is great! We love the stability of this seat compared to others, when our little guy is in it. He has a bird's eye view and loves being in it. It's sturdy and feels of good quality. We prefer this seat to a trailer as we feel safer and more visible to other road users. The only cons are sometimes your knees hit the sides when pedalling and the straps need a little bit of fiddling to get them secure. Other than that, it's great!

Knee-bashing disappointment

I was very excited for the first use of the iBert, based on the benefits outlined by its front-of-bike design. But, my excitement quickly turned to great disappointment as my knees bang the bottom of the iBert on every pedal. I now have to choose between inefficient bow-legged riding, or a return of the item. I am 6'1 with long legs and perhaps that poses a problem for the design of this product. So, if you are an experienced and efficient biker and are looking to maintain your good body position, you may want to reconsider. Tim -- Denver, CO

Love the Ibert!

This has been so great for us! My toddler loves the Ibert. She's been on it since she was 1, and now she is a big tall, almost 2 1/2 year old , and it still fits her. I have absolutely no complaints and would recommend this to anyone looking for a bike seat. I love being able to talk to my daughter while we ride, and to see her. The Ibert is very light, which is crucial tome because I have to lift the entire bike over the 1 foot gate at the entrance of the bike path, so I don't want to add any more pounds! The only cautionary advice I have is to make sure your toddler rides with something to occupy their hands, or they may try to grab the handlebars (and Ibert positions them so they are very tempted to do so!). I try to give her a washcloth or something to carry which would be harmless if she dropped, since it might fly into the path of the bike.

Highly Recommended

I'm a 6'2" guy living overseas and I was looking for a child seat that did not have to be permanently mounted, yet offered the same level of safety and protection as the standard rear-mounted seats. I was hesitant to purchase this child seat over the internet without actually seeing it first. Luckily, all of the reviews were spot on. The instructions are very easy to follow and you only need the included allen wrench to complete the installation. First, install the "stinger" onto the bike's handlebar stem (your bike must have at least 1/4" exposed stem in order to install the stinger). Then slide the seat onto the stinger and lock it in place with the inclosed pin. It's that easy. The seat can remain installed on the bike during storage, or you can remove it and leave the stinger in place. Personally, I remove everything since the stinger looks a little silly without the seat installed. The seat is very sturdy and my two year old son loves to go on bike rides. The only complaint that I have is in regards to the seatbelt/restraint system. It's a poorly designed two-point system that consists of a loop that goes over the shoulders and clips in to the front of the seat. It's difficult to get it adjusted correctly. A car seat style harness would be a welcome improvement. Don't be alarmed though, the current harness does not pose a safety risk. It works fine, but could be better.



Keyword : bikes



0 comments:

Post a Comment