feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

2006 Mongoose Pro Wing Elite Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike

2006 Mongoose Pro Wing Elite Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike

great bvike,terrific ride

Delivery was prompt,the fedex guy even carried it to our 2nd floor!I have never assembled a bike and i could do it effortlessly in about 20 minutes.All that you have to do is fit the front tire,reflectors and seat post.the derallieurs come pre-tuned,so you are ready to ride 30 minutes after the package arrives. I ride the bike once a week on off-road trails.Handling is terrific,although the rear derallieur can get stuck once in a while.I take meticulous care of the mechanism,wash & oil after each ride,tuned perfectly,so the rear derallieur thing is a bit of a let down when i take to steep uphills although it does not glitch all the time. Everyone's correct abt the seat post.it was too long for me and I'm 5' 9'' and I had to cut it,but now the seat post is loose most of the time and i have had to tape it for extra grip. aside from that the front shocks,disc brakes,kenda komodo tires are a dream.the thumb shifters work effortlessly.take good care of the front shocks and you can hear them work.I travel on all sorts of terrain on my rides(asphalt,grass,gravel,mud)and so far have not had any handling or stopping issues. the paint scheme is ordinary but if you are looking for performance over looks,this is the bike to own. P.S.-Always wear your helmet happy mountain biking

Next Level Cycling

I've owned many bikes before my recent purchase. The Mongoose Pro Wing Elite is an exceptional bike for the price. I had a little difficulty with the brake assembly so I took it to my local bike shop. The shop owner immediately asked how much I purchased the bike for. When I told him the Amazon price he said I should have paid three times the price for the quality of the bike. I put about 20 miles on it in the first week alone. I'm completely satisfied with my purchase. I'll still appreciate this bike years from now!

Bumps be gone.

I bought this about a month ago and had a challenge putting it together the chain was off and I had to install that. If you want to shift well you have to read the manual because there are two screws that you must adjust. Once I got everything assembled. I was off on an epic journey around my little town. Not a bump could faze me, not even a mound. I went on the rocks, gravel and sand, they all crumbled before my Mongoose MTB bikes suspension. This is a great bike, I hope they come out with a lighter version because it is a bit on the heavy side, but it is worth every penny you spend on it. The front suspension is adjustable and the bike just rides beautifully. Highly recommended.

Another mountain bike...

This is my 2nd Mongoose purchased through Amazon and I am pretty happy with my purchase. Here's my story. The bike arrived in a large box and assembly took approximately 15 minutes. Getting the gears set up took another 20 minutes, but it is pretty much routine. For those who do not work on their own bike and is attempting this for the first time... bring it to a shop... its easier. For those who have worked on their own bike since when... yeah... 20 minutes, so take that money and get something cold (wink wink) to drink while working on setting up your gears!! My previous Mongoose Theory? I had reviewed last year (now sold) took a bit more time and a greater degree of patience to put together, especially with the gear setup. This was not the case with the PWE. I don't know if its just my particular bike, or the whole lot, but the Theory was significantly more finicky. You may still want to go out and get yourself a hex driver. The one that comes with the bike is too short to properly torque the bike together. This is also true with the Theory... so, go out and (IF you do not already have one) get yourself a nice hex set from Lowes, or Home Depot. You'll have other uses for them... eventually. Saddle (seat) looks and feels better than the Theory, but still a bit on the cheap side. So if you want a good saddle, you're probably going to have to find one at your local bike store, or mail order. Maybe its my imagination, but this bike feels heavier than my Mongoose Theory. I have more difficulty lifting the bike over bumps and obsticles. Now that I've moved down from OH to GA, I am out riding more as I am discovering new trails in the area. I am also 3/4 miles away from my office and have taken up biking to work, so I have to say that this bike does well on paved road as well as off-road. The price was right as I was looking for a replacement for my inexpensive Theory, but something nicer. At $348 and free shipping, how can you go wrong. Its expensive enough to be nice, but not expensive enough to cry about if it is ever stolen. I priced out a beautiful Canondale at a local bike shop and almost had a heart attack when I found out it was going to cost $3500 for one. I have to admit it had a nicer saddle and was incredibly lighter... but as for every day use and every weekend thrashing... I'll stick with my new Pro Wing Elite.

Great quality bike

I use this bike in Miami so there's not too many mountains to really get the most out of it hehe. I've been very happy with the build quality of the bike. The ride is very smooth. My only complaint is that the seat pole is so long I can't move it down as far as I want because it will hit the rear shock. I could cut it, but I don't think I should have to. Assembly was easy and the brakes just need minor adjustment. I also had to adjust the gear changers because they weren't shifting too well. Just tighten the cables up a bit and you should be good.



Keyword : mountain+bike



0 comments:

Post a Comment