feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Topeak DeFender M2 Mountain Bike Fender (Rear)

Topeak DeFender M2 Mountain Bike Fender (Rear)

TOPEAK M2 REAR FENDER

THIS FENDER IS GREAT AND WORKS AS WELL AS THE FRONT M1 FENDER. SAME STYLING AND COOL LOOK. YOU CAN ADJUST IT COUNTLESS WAYS. IT STOPS DEBRIS FROM KICKING UP ON YOUR BACK SIDE AND GREAT ON A RAINY DAY. IF YOU USE A REAR FENDER YOU NEED TO HAVE SOMETHING HOLDING THE BIKE UP WHEN YOUR NOT RIDING LIKE A DISPLAY STAND OR KICK STAND. MOST PEOPLE WHO USE THIS PRODUCT WILL HAVE A HIGH END MOUNTAIN BIKE WHICH USUALLY DOESN'T HAVE A KICK STAND AND THATS WHERE THE FENDER BECOMES A PROBLEM. IF YOU LEAN IT ON SOMETHING THE FENDER WILL USUALLY BE THE FIRST THING LEANING ON THE OBJECT BECAUSE IT STICKS OUT WHICH MAY CAUSE IT TO WARP A LITTLE OR STRESS IT DO TO THE BIKES WEIGHT. YOU COULD LEAN THE BIKE BY THE HANDLE BARS THEN YOUR FINE UNLESS YOU GET HOOKED ON THE BARS AND THE BIKE FALLS (ARGGG). IT'S DEF A GOOD FENDER, YOU JUST NEED TO PLAN THE BIKES STORAGE. I ORDERED THE DISPLAY STANDS AND THE BIKE STANDS FREE AND NO MORE LEANING ON ANY THING. I DIDN'T USE THE REAR FENDER UNTIL I GOT THE STANDS TO SAVE HEADACHES. YOU CAN USE THE FRONT FENDERS WITH OUT ISSUE. THEY ALWAYS STAY OUT OF THE WAY. IF YOU WANT TO USE THE REAR FENDER RIGHT AWAY IT COMES OFF EASILY AND YOU COULD TAKE IT OFF AFTER YOUR RIDE IS DONE SO AS NOT TO SNAG IT ON SOMETHING. I THINK THE STAND IS A BETTER OPTION PLUS YOU CAN WORK ON YOUR BIKE IF NEEDED. VERY DURABLE MATERIALS - GREAT PRICE - GREAT BUY. BIKE SHOPS TRY TO SELL THE CHEAPER VERSION FOR 2WICE AS MUCH.

a nice item

Quick shipping, easy to put the fender on, you have to remove the rear reflector from the bike. The fender will not work for short legged people as it attaches to the seat downrod.

This is a great DeFender

I have no complaints about this product. I bought it because i use my bike nearly everyday. Inevetably it's going to rain and I still need to use my bike. With this product I can ride in the reain and not think twice about getting wet from tire spray. It fits on the seat post easily and comes off just as easily, without needing to remove the post. In addition, it looks pretty cool. Great product, I definately recommend it.

Quality fender with one minor issue

I got this and the M1 (front) fender to keep the skunk stripe off my back in wet weather. I only use this for commuting -- not for offroad rock/dirt protection -- so keep that in mind. Overall, this fender is great quality, and is very versatile. The quick-release clamp actually fits over the seat tube on my '05 Dakar FS. I mention this only because it is designed to fit on the seat post, but the mechanism can be "unscrewed" to fit a lager diameter. The main (black) plastic is rigid, but the tip (gray part) is soft/flexible. This is great for when you -- or someone else -- accidentally bumps into it. The design allows you to set not only the height, but the slope as well. The vertical adjustments lock down with Allen head screws, which is where my *minor* issue comes into play. Even fully screwed-in, the fender can be moved up and down -and- side to side fairly easily. Perhaps this is engineered to keep the rigid nylon pieces from snapping? Although somewhat irrelevant to this item, I *did* encounter an issue with the M1. It broke at the mount on the first day I had it. The customer service at Topeak is awesome though, and I got a replacement part in 2 days!



Keyword : mountain+bike



0 comments:

Post a Comment