feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Schwinn Volare 700C Flat Bar Men's Road Bike

Schwinn Volare 700C Flat Bar Men's Road Bike

Great Bike

This is my first time writing a review. I purchased this bike a few days ago and can't be more pleased with the purchase. I took it on about an 8 mile ride (had to break it in). I wasn't sure what I was getting into having previously only owned mountain bikes. I love the flat bar system, being that I am a pretty big guy (I'm about 5'10" and 240lbs) I know I wouldn't like the standard road bike handle bars. The 700c tires get you up to speed effortlessly. I was riding with a good friend of mine who owns a mountain bike (I let him ride it and it convinced him into buying a road bike). Riding downhill was a thrill no need to pedal just let the tires do all the work. I bought the bike wanting to get into a new hobby and also getting back into shape after having knee surgery and gaining about 40lbs. I would recommend taking it to your local bike shop to get a tune up, averages about $40. The only negative I can think of is while I was riding I noticed the chain would rub in certain gears. Having looked and shopped around online and at the local bike shops this bike was definitely worth every cent. Overall, the bike was a great buy for the money, very durable, very comfortable, and very fun!!!

good quality with bad seat

This is good bike with good quality. The worst thing I hate is the seat. very badly designed. You can't even go for 2 miles with comfort. The gears does'nt work from 3 to 2. This is very light bike with easy ride. I have tried for 4 time it will be good once I get better seat. I would recommend it.

excellent bike

wow, what a great road bike. I purchased this bike just a few weeks ago for an alternative way to get to work since my transmission went out on my car and I couldnt afford to fix it or buy a new car. Easy to assemble and I have no prior bike experience. I'm 28 years old and haven't owned a bike since I was about 13 years old. I can't reaally compare this to others but I can say this that this bike is extremely light weight at about 42 pounds with thin tires to pick up speed quickly. I absolutely love this bike and the gears are easy to change and the bike handles the road very well but the schock's aren't the greatest and you will feel every bump on the road. the only thing I could recommend to replace from day one is the seat. The seat is hard as a rock and after a few miles your butt will feel like its on fire. Other than that this bike is great for the road, bike trails, or commuting to work just replace the seat. All in all I give this bike two thumbs up and highly recommend it.

Good Bike for the Money

I have only had the bike for about a week and a half, and probably have somewhere around 30 miles on it so far. I will need to make minor adjustments as the chain rubs on some of the gears (just needs some tweeking). Other than that the only issue is the seat that is seriously the hardest seat I have even been on. If you buy the bike, either go ahead and get a seat cover or another seat from the start....or atleast know that you will probably be needing one. All in all the bike seems really solid, the welds on the frame are uniform, and the bike is very sharp. Normally I have buyers remorse on any purchase like this, but not this time. If I had it to do over again, I would buy the bike in a heart beat.

Great Bike for $250 (Not so sure anymore)

UPDATE 8/16... I've had this bike now for a month or so and have put around 60-70 miles on it and have to say it is really a 3 star, maybe even 2. I have had alot of flats, even after changing the rim tape and putting on new tires. The threads where the pedal connects to the crank stripped out when doing a 30 mile ride, the threads just broke off, which made the pedal wobble and break. I've now had to replace the crank which I should get on Monday. It really seems like I'm spending more time working on this bike than I am riding it. :( I really recommend that you buy a used bike if you're new to riding and looking to see if your interested or go out and buy a quality bike from your Local Bike Shop as this one really can try your patience with all the repairs you have to do. I haven't had a ride yet witout a flat. :( Anyway, don't get it get a used one or a really good new one. Let me start with the Pros: - Light weight - 700c Tires (great for road riding) - Good colors and paint - Easy to assemble - Great parts for price range Cons: Not so many, but I've only had the bike a few days and haven't gone on any long rides yet. - Very hard seat (Cheap and easy to fix) - Assembly of drive train not the best. (for leisure riding it's ok, but I would recommend you either take the bike to a Bike Shop for tuning or learn to do it yourself and tune the deraillers (and brakes) before any long rides) Keep in mind, I mean the assembly as to how they are put on the bike, not the quality of the parts. Thats really all I've noticed so far. You can use this link if you want to learn how to work on bikes it will help you get this one setup correctly. http://bicycletutor.com I think this bike is a great $250 bike for beginners to use for commuting or recreational riding. Yes, you can get better, but not in the less than $350 or so range. I personally bought the bike to begin commuting to work and didn't want to put out a lot of money until I know for sure I will keep it up, later I can buy a new bike or upgrade the parts as they break. The short rides I've taken so far it rode very smooth, stopped very well, and the seat wasn't too bad for how hard it is. If you're in a similar boat as me, then I would buy this one over any other bike in the same range.



Keyword : road+bikes



0 comments:

Post a Comment