feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Planet Bike BRT Strap Multi-Use LED Bicycle Safety Light

Planet Bike BRT Strap Multi-Use LED Bicycle Safety Light

7" of bright glowing or blinking red -- great design -- very useful

I was pleasantly surprised upon receiving my BRT Strap. I didn't realize nearly the whole strap, nearly all of the yellow surface you see in the picture (7" x 13/16"), glows or blinks bright red -- so it IS a taillight. It works great. It's lightweight, easy to use and comfortable, plus fits in my hip-pack nicely. I use it as a leg-light (above my left calf) for biking or late afternoon inline skating. Having a light move as you pedal, and highlight the left edge of your bike provides a major safety advantage. I highly recommend the BRT Strap. I may be buying more. It should make a nice gift item. Be aware that the BRT Strap won't work until you pull a little plastic tab from the edge of the battery compartment that protects the battery from discharge before customer use. A few more nighttime bicycle safety recommendations: Don't miss the Planet Bike Sport Spot 4 LED Bicycle Light with Head, and Handlebar Mounts and Planet Bike Blinky "3H" 3-Led Rear Bicycle Light with Self Leveling Helmet Mount as a combo to mount on your helmet. It's fantastic to be able to point a light at drivers just by looking at them, plus the tail light swings and thus sort of flashes without using the flash mode. These lights are very light weight. I hardly know I have them mounted on my helmet. Most people who see me with them on my helmet think they're great. These two should be sold as a combo since the headlight takes three batteries, and the rear light takes one, so you can easily recharge four NiMH batteries at a time. If you bike much at night, do yourself a favor and get all three, the BRT Strap, the Sport Spot, and Blinky "3H". I also strongly recommend a bright safety vest, jersey, or jacket for day and night biking. A good one can provide a dramatic reduction in scary incidents -- people turning in front of you or coming by too close. I try hard to always use one -- it makes an amazing difference -- people seem to have an automatic reflex to be much more cautious and wait for me to pass when they see my safety vest.

nice little addition to any bike rider

The Planet Bike BRT Strap Multi-Use LED Bicycle Safety Light is a nice little addition to any night bike rider. The Light itself seems rather weak as it isn't particularly bright and I'd guess it's only visible from about 300 (or less) yards or so. It is a light red, operates on what seems a watch battery. Plastic hook doesn't seem too strong. The reflectivity of the yellow part might be better, it claims to be visible from about 2000 feet but I have yet to test it with someone's car Lights. It won't hurt to have this on a leg or arm as it is cheap to buy. Made in China. I went riding and it kept falling down my pants, so be sure to keep checking its there over time. I use it on my right leg for side visibilty when cars approach the road. It's good for that. Cross Training Reflective Leg bands (pair) -Lime Planet Bike Blinky Super Flash Tail Light GLoWEAR Class 2 Economy Vest, Lime, 2XL/3XL #21027 / 8210HL

Planet Bike BRT strap mulit-use LED Bicycle safety light

Love this thing. It straps to almost anything and INCREASES YOUR VISIBILITY TREMENDOUSLY at night/dusk. The whole yellow area is luminous when it's on OR it flashes/strobes constantly. It is light weight and if you drop it, it won't break like other clip-on lights. No bicyclist, skateboarder, motorcyclist, jogger, dog, inliner etc. should be without one. It reflects for daytime use or if the battery runs out. As they say in Seattle - 'get lit' for safety. - Charlie Samuels, New York City

these don't work!!!

I ordered one of these and it did not work-either the bulb or the battery was bad. There was no light. I sent it back and got a replacement-with the same problem! No light! I wouldn't order this product...seems like they may just be very poorly made.



Keyword : bike



0 comments:

Post a Comment