feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

GMC Yukon Mountain Bike

GMC Yukon Mountain Bike

Nice bike for a kid but disappointing

The bike frame was welded together wrong! The front wheel could not be put on the bike because the arms were not aligned. How can they make a bike so obviously defective and try to sell it? IF the bike had been correctly manufactured, it would have been the perfect bike for my 13 year old son. The quality of the bike itself was OK, a few things probably should have been a bit more quality, like the pedals, they were plastic, not good for $169. I'd say if you are a serious biker, this is not the bike for you. If you ride a bike for lesiure or family time, it would be fine. Buying through Amazon was great, I was able to return the bike, free shipping, and was credited back the $169. I love buying from Amazon, they make it so easy for you, if your purchase doesn't work out. So don't tear the box up until you know the bike is a keeper!

Only thing good about this bike is the price...

Like other reviewers have pointed out the brakes on this thing are flimsy and its only a matter of time before the fail to work properly. Shipping was free and it looked that way when I received the bike. Shipping was so bad my rear rim was so bent it would not spin. Also the front forks/shock system was so badly put together I had to take it to the local bike shop and have them redo it. When riding the gears would automatically change. I'm sorry to say I do not recoomend this bike. Take your money and invest it into a better bike. I wish I had :( P.S One good thing about this bike is it has a sturdy aluminum frame. Thats about it.

Could be better

Amazon did their job quite well, it is GMC who did not perform so great. The bike arrived well ahead of schedule, however, the bike is not very well built. The frame is solid, the brakes and gears are a bit cheap, and they gave me a different seat than what was pictured(it is a big old granny seat). If you were to put new brakes and maybe a new gear set on this bike it would be about a 400 dollar bike. So it is overall a project bike for me, otherwise a great starter bike for someone who does not ride often.

Good looking bike, that's all.

Worst packaging ever. There isn't any type of protection between components. The frame and tires are tied up each other with plastic ties, that's all. I would assume that they would at least put some foam protection between the tires and frame, and around the frame. There was not one single page of instruction about how to assemble it. You don't have to be a genius nor is it too hard to figure out but I wasn't sure about few small things and it would be great if I had a choice to look them up. The worst part is that the bike requires assembly and there was not one single disposable tool to do the job. I mean come on, even the $25 coffee maker comes with some type of tool to assemble it, they just assume you should have the tools. Forget having the tools, there is nothing to tell you what type and size of tool you need, so you can't go and get anything from your local home depot, you will have to try and find out what fits. The first thing I noticed was the one of the shifters was broken. It's made of really cheap plastic so no wonder it didn't make it the infamous UPS handling. But let's not blame UPS, if it was packaged properly, nothing would have happened. Here is the funny part; the handle bars were assembled upside down. I attached it to the frame but it looked funny then I turned it the other way around to find out, it was assembled wrong. I have no comment, you be the judge of that. Overall, the bike looks good, with fancy painting and labels, although few labels were not attached completely. Unfortunately I cannot say anything about the performance since couldn't make it to road. I couldn't try but the seat doesn't seem comfortable. I should say it seems "OK" bike for people who intend to use it for joy rides once a week. However, I have to inform you that it is made of cheap materials, but then, you get what you pay for. I read bad reviews about Kent who seems to be the manufacturer and/or distributor of this bike. I agree with them and I chose not to buy anything from them again. This was my first purchase for a bike and it went surprisingly disappointing. It's very disappointing when you wait for something impatiently and then find out you have to return it, search again for new one, wait another week or so, etc... Maybe buying a bike online wasn't such a great idea but I thank you Amazon for making returns painless for us.

Yukon Bicycle

The bicycle was purchased as a Christmas gift for my Godchild. I found the bicycle, itself, to be everything it was advertised. In fact, my Godchild's father so taken, I think I will have to him his own. Great price. Fast delivery (even during the Christmas rush).



Keyword : mountain+bike



0 comments:

Post a Comment